Waxing is the process of hair removal from the root by using a sticky substance, such as wax, to place on the body hair, then removing covering placed on wax or hard wax itself and pulling out from the hair follicle.
Either soft wax or hard wax will be applied to the skin depending on the area and hair thickness. With soft wax, a strip is applied over top of wax and then pulled together to remove the hair. The hard wax, will dry and harden itself and then can be pulled directly off the skin removing the hair.
What You Will Learn
How to wax, which wax to use, which areas to wax, who is/is not a candidate for waxing, wax temperature control, cleansing and disinfecting, cleanup and much more.
Why Choose this
– You can perform in any spa or beauty shop that has licenses to perform.
– Great opportunity to grow in the beauty industry
– Easy way to increase revenue
– Great add-on service to any other treatments
– Always going to have clients that come back
– You can make a steady monthly client out of this service
Who is this course for
– Anyone looking to grow business and/or your own clientele
– If you are passionate about beauty industry and want to learn more
– Anyone looking to add more services to their clients
– Just wanting to further education
- Be the first student
- Language: English, Spanish, Hindi, Telugu and Gujarati
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Skill level: Any level
- Lectures: 6
- Offline Classes $150
Depending on the area in which your client wants waxed you will determine whether to use soft wax, hard wax, or the roller wax. The roller wax is suggested for bigger areas of the skin like the legs, arms, back, chest, and stomach. Hard wax can be used anywhere there is thicker or coarse hair, where it may be painful with a strip wax, they can use hard wax for a little less pain. Soft wax is great for any area of the face, underarms, or private and rear area. You want to prepare the room for the client with a disposable bed sheet to throw away after each waxing client. You can give them disposable panties if they are doing brazilian or bikini, or you can supply them with a robe if they are more comfortable that way.
- Step 1: Make sure the area in which you area waxing is clean by applying the pre-wax cleanser.
- Step 2: Next you will take the disposable wooden stick and dip into either hard wax or soft wax then apply to a little section at a time.
- Step 3: For soft wax or roller wax, you will apply the wax in the direction in which the hair grows, then apply the waxing strip and remove in opposite direction keeping very close to the skin.
- Step 4: For hard wax, you will apply the wax in the direction in which the hair grows, wait for the wax to harden, then remove in the opposite direction staying very close to the skin.
- Step 5: When finished with all hair removal, you can close the pores with the cold stones.
- Step 6: You can end with a post wax remover and skin hydrator or recovery gel to soothe the clients skin.