Threading is a method of hair removal originating in India and Central Asia. More recently, it has become more popular in the Western countries, especially pairing it with any cosmetic application.
A cotton thread is tied around the technicians neck, twisted 5-6 times to create a hole and intertwine that removes the hair by wrapping into the thread. This method is the best hair removal process compared to waxing or plucking, which are invasive on the skin and create ingrown hairs. With this method, there are no reactions and it is anti-bacterial and safe. The skin on the eyelid is stretched with the help of the client and the hair is removed straight from the root without cutting or breaking any hairs.
What You Will Learn
You will learn where threading originated, what it is used for, how to remove hair temporarily how to create a perfect eyebrow shape, how to thread and hand placements, how to thread to cover bald spots, pro and cons and much more.
Why Choose this
This is a great technique to learn. Once the concept is learned and you have practiced efficiently, you should be able to offer this service to all of your clients. This is a great add-on to any facial, massage, eyelash extensions, etc. Inexpensive to perform, but a good way to produce more income.
Who is this course for
– Anyone who is willing to learn technique and have the ability to perform treatments on clients.
– For anyone who loves eyebrows and is passionate in growing in the beauty industry.
– If you are wanting to add more services for your clientele
– Wanting to further your education
- Be the first student
- Language: English, Spanish, Hindi, Telugu and Gujarati
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Skill level: Any level
- Lectures: 28
- Offline Classes $99
How to remove facial hair?
We have 7 steps which is 60 hour course. With this course you should be able to remove facial hair.
- Step 1: You need threading kit to perform the threading service
- Step 2: I am showing two methods. One is from mouth and the other one is from the neck. Because of Covid-19 we are performing through the neck method.
- Step 3: Practice through the mouth. Please follow the video.
- Step 4: Practice the first step and go easy. Do not hold the thread too tight. Follow the video.
- Step 4(a): The second step would be take a pillow and practice on the pillow.
- Step 5: Use bowl to practice.
- Step 6: Draw the brow shape with hair to practice on the bowl.
- Step 7: The beginning of the brow called Medial, central and tail.
- Step 8: See how to separate and make a straight line. Stop in smaller areas.
- Step 9: Central area how to make the arch and take little areas at a time.
- Step 10: Do the medial area down first. Remove the new growth hair by making a line. Small area at a time.
- Step 11: See how to do center of the eyebrow.
- Step 12: Watch how to practice eyelid area and center again. Watch the video.
- Step13: See how to do ingrown hairs. Listen to the audio. Pull the hair with your nail and apply the powder then change the thread.
- Step 14: See how to make an arch and how to make round eyebrow shape.
- Step 15: Use different thread in each area to avoid rash or spreading bacteria.
- Step 16: How to clean the client eyebrows. Take one q tip and use one end astringent and the other end with powder to create a dry area so the hair will come out easily.
- Step 17: When the client is trying to let their eyebrows grow, leave two layers close to the brows then remove all excess hair so the brow looks good.
- Step 18: When you have accomplished your hours and practice of keeping the thread straight, only using hands and not neck,
Hands-on Practice (performing on model)
- Step 1: See how to start cleansing on the client before threading.
- Step 2: See how to properly remove hair from the top of the first eyebrow.
- Step 3: See how the client should properly hold the eyelid skin down and the top of the eyebrow up to stretch the skin where the new growth hair has grown.
- Step 4: See how to reapply powder with a new q-tip so that the skin will be completely dry and the thread will catch the ingrown hairs nicely.
- Step 5: Go on the the next eyebrow and repeat same steps as the other brow, even the cleaning and reapplying powder to make the skin nice and dry.
- Step 6: You can see in the video the little ingrown or short hairs that remain and watch as she goes over the area again and make sure it is clean of all hairs.
- Step 7: After all hairs are removed and eyebrow is correctly shaped, its time for trimming the long eyebrow hairs that stick out of the shape.
- Step 8: Close the pours with the cold stones at the end.
- Step 9: You can end with a nice brow lifting gel to keep hairs lifted and fresh.